Thursday, January 18, 2007

Salutation to you!

Greetings to you, from the Perennial Pioneer! The Perennial Pioneer means Enduring and Preparing for others to follow!
God has laid it on my heart, to make this a published e-letter, to encourage and guide you on your path to womanhood.
We as princesses need to show the dying and lost world, what a True Daughter of a King, is made of. She is full of grace, meekness, humility, honor toward her earthly father, modest in spirit, and physically. She must try not to attract attention unnessisarily to herself, and to alsways put her King's will before her own. His desires, his wants as a King, a need to reflect the face of our Heavenly Father. We are the glory of our father. We are the Polished Cornerstones and Pillars in our King's Kingdom. Let us reflect his glory and Greatness!

In the past, I had problems. My life was unsure. I had graduated from highschool homeschool, at the age of 19, and I had nothing else to do. I knew that it was wrong for me to get a job out of the home but I knew, that if I did, it would be my choice, not my parents. I had asked myself, " What am I going to do with my life?" Many of you have experienced that. Well, I asked myself that, and I didn't like the answer God gave me. I was told, that going to college and getting a job, would be unwise for my already fragile faith in God. But as a typical human being, I didn't listen to the still small voice of God.
I got a job at a local grocery store. What a horrible mistake that was! I had persecution from both sides, and I couldn't handle it. I quit working after a few months, because my health was getting bad, but also because I found out my boss was Gay. I couldn't work for a man, who didn't honor the natural creation of why he was made. I heard the voice say again say, " I have a perfect work for you, a better work. You just need to trust me!" So, I trusted him. I had learned that the job I had was not helping me find my life, but distroying it. I had to find a different way. Surely God didn't mean for me to be idle, and sit around at home, doing nothing important. I thought I had heard a voice telling me it was ok, that getting a job, and going to college, would be good for me, that it was part of God's Plan.
My family worked in a homebusiness for a while, and I began to be the integral hub for the business. My sisters and I had started it, as a pocketmoney business, so that we would not have to have a job in the world. I got greedy and wanted more spending money. So I got a job. I learned my lesson. Now both my younger sisters are out of the home, one married and expecting their first baby, and another one engaged to be married, had been the main helpers in the business. Now, since they have left, my only choice was to get a job. I couldn't work the business by myself. Or could I? I felt I didn't have the strength for it.

My inner thoughts were, " I will never become someone great, if I don't go to college and do something, that will help impact the world." I started to think, and for a long time listened to the inner voice I thought was the Lord. It led me down a dangerous and dark path full of trouble, and yet attractive to a floundering princess. I started to wear clothes taht were college oriented. Pants, sleeveless shirts, cutting my hair short. I was ready to go! I even got my Placement test don, so that I could see where I needed to go!

But an inner voice, began to whisper in the still small voice. It said, " This is not what I have planned for you. I have something far greater than you can imagine" I sat and asked, " Is what I am doing, in accordance with God's will? After all, I am single, and have nothing else to do. And besides, how am I to met my Prince Charming, if I don't go to college?"
Well, in October, after a long visit to my Dad's brother's house, I was depressed. The strings of the world were pulling on me one way, and the whisper of the Lord was pulling me the other. I felt like I was on a rack, and they were stretching me. I cried out to the Lord, " Show me Your Will!
One day, a dear friend, whom I value very highly, suggested my Mom listen to a CD on Virtuous Daughters. My Mom did, and she liked it so much, she begged me to listen to it. I took the CD, and set it on the shelf. I was not ready for anything, of that kind, yet I had asked the Lord to show me His will. I was waiting for a word from Him. How blind I was to assume, I would hear just from Him!

I was making bread one morning, and a thought came to me, " I am tired of listening to my country music and praise music. Why don't I listen to that CD Mom wanted me to." So I took it out to the kitchen(we have a licenced kitchen) and plugged it in.

I thank my King to this day, for the blessing of that CD.It changed my perspective on what my role as a Princess. For the first time in my 25 short years, I knew my purpose for being here. I was not to seek a carreer in the world, or try to the be most popular person in the world. That is the mind of the women of the world, the Feminists, who think they have rights to do exactly the same as men. Get a job, work to provide, because your husband or Dad is not earning enough for your needs. Get a degree, so that you can prove you are not worthless. They are the ones, deceived by the Devil, who said that a keeper at home, was worthless. I pray this will help you!

My job as a Daughter of a King is to be at hom, and serve my family. 1 Peter 2:9 says, " For ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people; that ye should shew for the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:which in times past were not a people, but are now the People of God: which had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy." That verse spoke to me of the fact, " As I am of a royal household, I am to shew forth the praises of Him who called me out of darkness. And there is another verse, in the book of Psalms, that says, " the King's daugher is all glorious within the palace. Psalm 45:13. I love to be all glorious This is not an earthly pride, but that of shewing my King's beauty, and glory. I purposed from then and there, to start thinking of my life, as a very valuable and instrumental in getting fellow princesses back on the path to pleasing and serving our King!

Our next topic will be on Keepers at Home! Please stay tuned next week!
God bless you!

The Perennial Pioneer

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Laura,

I've added your blog to my blogroll so I can check back often! Yay!

Bless you,

Danielle

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy