Friday, January 19, 2007

His Dream Is Your Dream!

Instead of what am I going to do for me, think, what is my dad or my Husband's dream? What can I do to help make that dream come true? As you are a young woman still living at home, you are still under his protection, and therefore, his dreams and his goals, should be yours. If he has a dream to go and become a farmer, do not degrade him, help him, by making it possible. If he wants to do a crazy thing, like give up your comfortable life, and become a missionary to some foreign country, encourage him, do not whine and fuss, and say, "All my friends are here!" Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the others gold. Your family should be your bestest of friends. After all, who but they, know you the best? If your Dad has a dream, " We are going to sell the house, and travel around in an RV, and help other christians," then do it. Smile, take what is the most important to you, with you. If you have a desktop computer, sell it and buy a laptop. It is much easier to travel with it, then with a full sized one.Or an outragous dream, I cannot even mention, do not argue with your Dad. You are still under his authority. Stay with it, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

I know, your dreams of going to college, and getting a career, and an appartment, is a shadow now, but what is more important, College, or family life? If you think college is the most important, then your thoughts are messed up( pardon the word). I do not think that any woman should consider a career, outside of what her father, or husband want her to do. My Dad has this dream of becoming self suffient, and living off of the land. We have not the resources to do it here, but we are working toward that goal. And his dream, has always been to work for himself. We have also worked toward that too. Now, I have a business, that is keeping me at home, and we are in the process of getting Daddy Home. The thoughts of college, and career, went right out the window. It is a joy to stay at home, and work with those, you are the closest to. My siblings and I, yes we fuss and fight. But I would preferr to learn and sharpen my skills with them, then to be whacked out by the world. I worked in the world, for a time, and let me tell you, I never want to go back. The enviroment is such, that it is disgusting! Do not desire it, to save your life!

Well, I hope, even though this is short, that it will be helpful to you. I do not claim to know the answers, but I am just giving you some of my experiences. I have learned alot. I was a messed up kid, when I was in my early teens. I had the worst tantrums a girl could have. I felt unloved, and deprived. I realize now, as my 25th birthday approaches, that it was for my own good, that I had those restrictions, and depravity. My parents cared enough, to see that I learned the valuable lesson of what it means to stay at home. I hope, that in the future, you will consider, everything your parents say, and think, " Should I really be thinking about doing this? Is this what is pleasing to God, and to my Dad? Being unselfish in your younger life, will go a long way for you, in your early adult years. Please girls, I beg you, to stop what you want to do, and start on your Dad's dreams!
In the path of the Crucified Saviour,
Perennial Pioneer

No comments:

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy