Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Facing the Giants!

Preparing for Rain!

If any of you have seen that movie, when it came out on video, on January 30th, need not know what I am talking about.
But for those of you who have not seen it, you need to see it. It is the most powerful movie about following God, and praising Him if you fail, or if you win, then any other football movie you have ever seen. Yes, it is about football, but it is also about an unfailing faith, too. What your relationship is with your Savior!
I must say, it has made an impact on my life! When I heard the story in there, of the two farmers who prayed for rain, and only one of them went out to prepare his fields, I knew exactly which one believed that God would send the rain. And I realized which one I was! I was the one, who didn’t prepare the fields. And I knew, that I had to prepare for rain! My rain is Marriage, in a big way! And I have not been preparing for it! I feel so ashamed, that I believed that God could do it, but that I was sitting, waiting for it to happen, without preparing! No more!
When the coach of this team, started trusting God for everything, a revival sprang out in the school, and youth started getting saved. This movie is based on a true story! I love true stories! They so inspire you!
Now, when the title says, " Facing the Giants" it has a dual meaning there! It means, " We have a football team to fight, and also, to fight the giants that are in our lives. The Giants of Disbelief, fear, failure, inadequacy, and just the will to give up, when you could give more!"
All I am saying, you should see this movie. It is family friendly, and even my young siblings, ages 11 to 4, have sat and watched it with us, several times, because it invoked the praise, and adoration of God and Jesus in it. It is a must for your family!
So, whether you have something big in your life, that you are waiting for, get off your tail, and start preparing for rain! And when the rains come, it might be thundershowers!J And do not get an umbrella, just dance in the rain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the post. I was finding the 'rain' story after watching Facing the Giants.
God blessed me with your post!
May He continue showing Himself true to you in the things you are pursuing.
Trust and know He is God.

He is everywhere~
With love,
Karen, Singapore

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy