Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Aroma of Contentment!

While I was walking today, I had an aroma wafting toward my nostrils, sending that of contentment and peace. I looked around, to wonder what was that glorious smell. And I came to find it was Pine and Wild Rugosa Roses. The sun, heating up the roses, and pine, make an intoxicating aroma. And it helps me recall visions of what Heaven would be like.

It brought to mind, when God hears us complaining over our lot in life, our whining over something better, our aroma STINKS! I don't have the house I want, we don't have the income we want, we want a bigger and better car, all this sounds lik complaining to him, and He is saddened! He gave us the things we have, because He wishes to bless us. We are his children, and He loves us! As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children, how much more so, will the Heavenly father, give the holy spirit, to them that ask!

But when we reflect on the blessings that He has given to us, to be guardians of, and stewards, we must put on the robe of contentment, and thankfulness. Then the smell that wafts to heaven will be the Aroma of Contentment. This is the aroma of Christ, our Savoir. And when that aroma reaches the throne, He smiles!

Then, the extraordinary happens! We get blessed with more! It is a wonderful feeling, when you have been a good steward, and content in whatever state you are in! And having food shelter and clothing, therewith be ye content! Those are the words of God! Hallelujah, Amen!

So, we must conclude, that to be true followers of Christ, we must put on His aroma. And his aroma, is joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, selfcontrol, against such, there is no law. And here is another verse, 2Pe 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. This is the aroma of Christ!
I must close, being content in whatever state I am in!
In Christ Alone!
Perennial Pioneer

1 comment:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Laura, this is another wonderful post on being happy and contented with what we have!

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy