Friday, June 1, 2007

He is omnipresent!


In the beginning of the scriptures, where the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters, Jesus was there. When God was creating the night and day, he was there. When the water, and the dry land, the sun, moon, and stars were created, he was there. And then the God said, " Let US make man in OUR image, according to our likeness!" Who was he talking too, and about? Him and Jesus, the Son. And of course, Adam!

He was there, when they were thrown out of the garden, and he was sad. He was there when Cain killed Abel. He was the one whom drove Cain into the wilderness! He was there, with Noah, and his family, when the first drops of rain, the strange thing for them, for they had never seen rain before, came down. He was there, for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and when Joseph was taken into captivity, he was with him. Then when Esther went to live in the palace with the king, He was there too, and softened the King's heart toward her, and she saved her people. Then He was with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo,when they were cast into the fiery furnace, and the king turned his heart toward God. He was with David, when he slung that stone, toward Goliath.
He is here now, in our hearts. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever. He will never leave us, or forsake us!
He was there, when we did something that would have vexed Him, and when we were there, wanting to have arms to cuddle with. I can feel His arms about me now as I am sitting here, typing to you! And because He is here, we have no need to fear! He will always be with us, not to abandon us to anything or anyone. If you are in the darkest dungeon, or the highest tower, you cannot be far from Jesus, and God. They are both there! Or whether your Mom or Dad is having a hard time, or perhaps your parents are devorced, and you have a rotten family life, He is still here. He will be your family, for you!
He always has been, and he always will be. He had not predicessor, and he will have no successor. There will be nobody before him, and there will be nobody after him. You cannot impeach him, and HE IS NOT GOING TO RESIGN! That is my King! Hallelujah!
And when you see the cross in your church, or on the side of the road, remember that He is there with you, in your car, bed, home, watching what you watch, listening to what you are listening to, and living with you. So be careful what you do!
This is what was on my heart today. I know it might sound a little disconnected, but I had to get this out. I will refine it later!
In Christ Alone!
Perennial Pioneer

4 comments:

Robert said...

The part you wrote about Jesus always being here and knowing what we do reminded me of the Porter Wagoner song "What would you do(If Jesus came to your house)".The song mentions would you need to hide some of your books and music, would you want your friends to come over.

It's only been in the last year or so that I have been a believer.I didn't have a religious upbringing though I was taught values that were based on Christianity.I have been learning a lot from the YLCF and related blogs.

From the blogs I discovered Jane Austen and enjoy watching Pride and Prejudice,Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion.It's good when true love wins out.Have you seen the movie "The Enchanted Cottage"?

Doing a blog is an interesting idea though I am not a big writer.Has your brother written any of his thoughts down? Even though I'm 37 I am just learning about courtship, etc.

Take care,
Robert

Robert said...

Just checking to see if the comment will show up on the counter.

Laura H. said...

Robert,
I am not the best writer, either. I just like to write, and somehow the words come out. I think it must be God!
I like Jane Austen, and have most of her books, and movies that have been published! Have you ever seen Emma, by Jane Austen? There is another Jane Austen Movie that I like, that has a young man marry his cousin, Fanny Price. Mansfield Park.It is the best one I have seen, of them. No, I have not seen Enchanted Cottage! Who did it?
Matt has written down his thoughts, but they are mostly politics. He would like to persue a political carreer. I pray for his strength. I think he could do it!His blog is Sense In Politics. The link is on this blog, and on Country Rosebud, too.
Got to run! Need to get ready for Church. God bless you today! And I encourage you greatly to do a blog. It will help solidify your thoughts, and convictions, if they are written out. And it is always nice to share with others, who can sharpen you!:)
Perennial Pioneer

James Bailey Brislin said...

Hooray for divine omnipotence!

This truly is the greatness of God that because His being is eternal, He is always with us.

Indeed, this is what's so amazing: that the Godhead is the source and end of all being. That despite our fallen nature, He loved us so much that He deigned to become man and die for our redemption, and sent the Holy Spirit to sanctify us.

May His abundant blessings be with you in this season of Pentecost.

James

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy