Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Doing the Hard Thing!

Have you ever had to make a decision, knowing that it was the best for all? Have you ever considered the consequences of the decision and it's affects, not just on your family, but on you?
May 14th, I had to make a decision like that. Our little Kangaroo Rat, also known as a Gerbil, was ailing. She had an ulcer on the outside of her stomach. She had been suffering for nearly a month, and yesterday, I noticed a bulge. I picked her up, and showed her to my Mom. Mom concerred that something needed to be done. So, my brother being unwilling to do the deed, and my Mom, saying that I volenteered, told me how to do it. So, I took her out, and put her out of her misery! I tell you, it was the hardest thing that I could ever do! It was also my first time, and to see an animal, that I loved, suffering, as I put her out of her misery, was harder then I could bear. And the lamenting that came afterwards, was hard to bear too. I had a little brother dig a hole, to put her body in, and as we covered her, we told her to rest in peace. And I said, " We commit her body to the ground!"I was sobbing at this point, and shaking. Never had I done something like this. I knew that the Lord saw every Sparrow that fell, but I was still sad. She was after all, our pet. We had had two gerbils, and they were named, Samwise and Rosie, after two character hobbits in Lord of the Rings. Samwise had died a year before, of what we do not know, but I had to do the right thing for Rosie.
I know now what a parent has to go through, when an animal has to be put down, and buried! My Dad had done it to several of our pets, cats, gerbils, hamsters,etc. I didn't know the taxing realities of this situation, until faced with it myself. Now, I know I did the hardest thing of all!
I am now feeling better, knowing that she is not suffering anymore. God says, " A righteousman regardeth the life of his beast!" I regarded her life, and knew she would not make it very much longer, and I didn't want to see her suffer.
God bless you, and may you be spared the sorrow that I had to endure! But God told me it is for me to learn to grow, closer to Him! Hallelujah!
Perennial Pioneer

No comments:

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy