Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Tribute to Motherhood!

( Lilacs in our front yard, give us a beautiful scent, when we walk by!)

To God be the Glory, To God Be the Glory, To God be the Glory, Great things he hath Done!
__________________________________________________

Have you said thankyou to your mother for even thinking of marrying your father, and bringing you into this world?! She is the unselfish person, giving up a life that she had before you came along, to spend it on you. It is a big responcible task, to raise you, for the use of the Lord. She grieves when you go astray, like God grieves when we turn away from Him. She gives you a big hug and smiles, with tears in her eyes, as she welcomes you back home, forgiving you, just like the Lord does. Isn't it ironic, that the Lord has reflected his sentimental areas, on our mothers? Maybe there is something to that, that we as daughters, and children, do not appreciate in our mothers. She is a mother 24/7/365. She has not the time, for herself, and yet, you disappear for many hours, selfishly doing your own things. No wonder that so many girls are not ready for motherhood. I hope we are better ready for it, when our time comes! Praise God for our Mothers."

___________________________________________________

Here is a poem, that I memorized when I was younger, but never saw the meaning of until now.


Who loved her Best



I love you mother, said little John,
Then forgetting his work, his cap went on,
And off he went to the garden swing,
Leaving his mother the wood to bring!


I love you mother, Said Little Nell,
I love you better then tongue can tell,
Then she teased and pouted most the day,
Til her mother was glad when she went to play!


I love you mother, said little Fan,
Today I’ll help you all I can,
How glad I am the school doesn’t keep;
So she rocked the baby till it fell sleep.


Then stepping softly, she fetched the broom,
And swept the floor and tidied the room,
Busy and happy all day was she,
Helpful and cheerful as a child could be!


I love you mother again they said,
three little children going to bed,
How do you think that mother guessed,
Which of those loved her best!


Joy Allison


___________________________________________

This is a very good day, so enjoy it and purpose to say something, to encourage your mother, today, and all the rest of your lives! She is the second in command in this home, and she has the experience, so let us give a tribute to our Mothers, and say, " Mother, I realize that you are the best Mom, in the world, and you have earned every word in that sweatshirt saying, " The hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world!" and " The World's best Mom!"
Hope you have a good Mother's day, and God bless you!

Perennial Pioneer

1 comment:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi Laura,

I've read through your current and older posts, and it sure seems we have many common convictions about femininity and the role of women! I especially liked what you wrote about Keepers at Home.

I also had a peek at your other blog, where you introduce your family (there's only one post, though... will more be coming? :P). You are so incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity to stay under your father's roof and be guided by his authority!

You know, I used to be a feminist when I was younger, and when I started seeing the damage of feminism and realized I want to live out my God-given role as a young unmarried woman, I thought at first it would be close to impossible, since I've never been in touch with my father, and I had a lot of resentment towards him. But then I realized everything is possible if you let God into your heart.

Sorry for the long comment :o)

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy