Monday, July 9, 2007

A True Bundle of Joy!

Just wanted to let my readers know, my sister Sarah had her baby. Gabriel John Saffer was born, this morning at 1:30 am. The midwife arrived 20 minutes after he was born. The catching and cleaning was done by my Aunt Paulette, and Linda Saffer, Clay's Mom. They report to us that the cord was short, and therefore, the boy was not strangled in his cord. Gabriel John weighed out to be, 8 lbs. 10oz. a big strapping boy. He will grow up to be like his papa. He has blue eyes and blonde hair, a good crop of it. He would look like Esau, if I didn't know better.:)
To see pictures of this precious bundle of joy that has entered our lives, look on Hines Family Homestead, under Gabriel John Saffer. He is handsome, if I do say so myself!
http://hinesfamilyhomestead.blogspot.com

I look forward to spending time with my nephew, when I go to visit them. May you grow up to be as strong and as wise as your grandfathers, uncles, great uncles, and father. And may you learn the true joy of knowing the Heavenly Father, and His forgiveness of Sins. I love you, Gabriel John.
Aunty Laura

Laura Perennial Pioneer

2 comments:

Carolyne said...

As mother of my own 'Gabriel John' (now 20 years old) I was thrilled with the news of this morning. Congratulations to mama and babe.
May he grow to know he is truly a "gift from God" and that "God is his strength"~the meanings of those names~and may he early learn to love the Lord of all Life.
~blessings

Laura H. said...

Carolyne,
Thankyou for your words of encouragement. I had no idea that his names meant that. It will mean a lot more to my sister, to hear those meanings. Thankyou, and may your own Gabriel John, be the strength of the Lord, and a gift from God.
I am excited to be an aunty for the first time. They live over in Spokane,Wa 500 miles away, but I am sure, that I will see him often. I am still living at home,in Sequim, Wa, with my family, while I am practicing being a homemaker, and daughter of the King.
God Bless-

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy