Friday, July 6, 2007

Your Shadow!

Lo, Children are a heritage of the Lord!


Yes, I am talking about shadows! Not just that patch of shade that causes a little bit of giggles, when ever you see it. But I am also talking about the shadows we are not conscious about. I have five little shadows, that follow me, and it causes me to stop and think, I know that all that I do, is watched, and every decision I make, is considered by my siblings. I have three little sisters, who are growing up in my shade, and have I been a good example? Have I kept my cool, and shown them what a christian woman should be? I knew that staying at home, was not just for my benefit, but for theirs as well. I knew that they would follow my lead, and see that, " See, sissy Laura is staying at home, and is able to get on with her life. I want to do that too." I don't think I could be cross with them now. I am not promising that I won't but it gives me a sobering thought to think about.
So, I know now, that no matter how many people think it is not logical for me to stay home, I think of my little sisters, who admire, and love me, and who knows how much longer I will have them as little sisters, and pupils. God please forgive me for my blindness and selfishness!

In Christ Alone!
Perennial Pioneer

3 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Very true, Laura. And even those of us who don't have siblings (like myself) are setting an example to friends, neighbours, and any other people who surround us.

Robert said...

You make a good point,Laura.You have a chance to show your younger siblings what "A daughter at home" does and inspire them to follow in your footsteps.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Laura H. said...

Anna, Amen sister! Our neighbors are watching as well, to see what true christianity is all about. Well, I purpose to show them Christ, in all of His Glory!
Robert, Thankyou for your words of encouragement. Sometimes I feel as if I need a restart, to help me see, what I am doing this for.
God bless!
Laura Marie

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy