Thursday, August 23, 2007

Regency Style Dress!

One of my posters asked me if I had made a regency style dress yet, and I thought I would share a photo of it. I am in the blue. This is at my sister Sarah's wedding. She made her dress herself, and embroidered on it! She is so good at it!

Anyway, here it is! The blue regency style dress! It is not exactly the pattern from Sence and Sensibility, but it worked for me, in a short time I had to sew it. Sarah got engaged on January 19th, and was married on the 21st. Three days!

Have a great day!

Perennial Pioneer

4 comments:

Robert said...

Thanks for posting the picture.The dress is nice.I like the clothing from that era.

Your sister's dress is nice too.

That was a short engagement!

Mrs. Anna T said...

Wow, lovely dress!

Did your sister make her wedding dress in *3 days*??

Laura H. said...

Sarah spent a year, making her dress. She embroidered it, in the last three months of her courtship!

Laura

Allison said...

Wow! Your dress is beautiful! And your sister's is lovely! I had always wanted to make a regency style dress, but I don't think I have the skill. :) I think I'll stick to aprons. :)

Show me Thy Ways!

Show me Thy Ways!
A Source of Joy